Sunday, December 26, 2010

a picture is worth a thousand words.

It is a known fact that I have the world's most beautiful niece.

This picture, once again, proves that fact.
I feel like this picture also sums up my Snow Day 2010. You can be on the look out for a few fantastic posts about my snow day and other things, but this certain post sums up a good bit of my day.

My sister had a handful of friends show up to the house so they could leave early this morning for the Wolfpack Bowl Game down in Orlando, Florida. I don't mind our house being full of people, but I was very much looking forward to them leaving so I could spend the day with the books, movies, and puzzles that Santa brought me for Christmas (Cousin Hannah, you may now insert a comment about me being a Black Sheep).

However, when I woke up, I found about a half a foot of snow glittering in the yard.

My sister soon got an email saying that the trip to Florida had been delayed, and she announced that many, many other band kids were showing up at the house to play and stay.

My beautiful, quiet day with music, literature, and entertainment? Yeah. Effectively down the drain.

That's where my beautiful niece, E, comes in.

I know she enjoyed her day. My cousin's blog told me so. So do the cute pictures of her smiling.

On the other hand, Eden loves to shop! Loves the lights and the people and getting out of the house. She makes me proud.

Eden's mama had promised her a great day of After-Christmas-Deals Shopping.

The snow effectively ruined that day for her too.

However, Eden, like Aunt Rebekah, sucked it up, made the twist of plans into something good, and enjoyed herself.

Is she smiling? Or is she unhappy? I can't really tell...

I feel like she's just kind of shrugging her shoulders and saying, "Oh well, we might as well have fun..."

Good girl, E. Aunt Rebekah loves you a lot.

Happy Snow Day, one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment