Sunday, December 5, 2010

From This Day Forward...

Yesterday, I spent the day in Clemmons, NC attending the wedding of Emily Ward and Brandon Compton. Emily and Brandon are two friends that I met through Crusade and I adore each of them. I remember the first time I met Brandon was at BoJangles my freshmen year--we spent more than an hour talking about life, school, Jesus, and whatever else it is that people talk about at BoJangles. Emily and I met through mutual friends. One of the first times I remember talking to her was at Shak-A-Thon my sophomore year. This past year we became even closer just through different circumstances. There are few people in this world that can make me smile brighter than when Emily walks through the door. She has an amazing heart for the Lord and her relationship with Brandon is completely focused on how they can glorify Him together. I have asked Emily some hard questions about my walk with the Lord, and Emily has always been honest with me and is constantly pointing me to the cross. I want a relationship like the one that Emily and Brandon have. They're the type of couple that it makes you sick to watch them for too long because love and adoration is pouring out of their eyes. But it's just so beautiful.

I love you guys and I cannot wait to continue to watch you grow in Christ together and love one another as He loves His Church. Thank you for everything you mean to me.


While I have your ear, let me tell you a bit about where I see myself in a couple of months.
The short version is: I HAVE NO IDEA.

But I'll give you the long version and all of the options that I have at my door.
1.) I'm looking for teaching jobs in Raleigh, NC. Big shocker there.
2.) I'm looking for teaching jobs in Knoxville, TN. My explanation for this: Why not? I have a plethora of friends and family there and I'm always in need of a good adventure!
3.) I am filling out my application to be an Intern with Crusade. I love my baby girls. So, so much. I love the movement that I have been a part of since January, 2007. It's been a crazy ride and I figured "Why stop at four and half years?" This application also allows me to look into going back overseas with Crusade for a year or two--like I said, I'm always looking for a good adventure.
4.) I am filling out an application to be a part of a church planting team in Murfreesboro, TN (right outside of Nashville). Another great adventure with Christ being the center of it. I would be helping promote the church and the Gospel and also getting a teaching job.
5.) I am writing books. Yes, you read that correctly. Somewhere in my busy schedule I have found time alone with my computer to write and write and write and write. I am working on a couple of fiction pieces that have been stirring for a few months and also a Christian Inspirational book. I am also hoping to follow a non-fiction idea that I've had for a few years this summer. I have no idea where this will lead me, but it's an option that I might pursue.
6.) I would love to work for Amazima Ministries. A friend of mine found a blog of a girl who packed up and moved to Uganda and has been loving on orphans for a couple of years now. She has also founded a non-profit that supports these orphans (similar to the workings of Compassion or World Vision). I am working on getting together a "ministry portfolio" as a type of resume so they'll send me over there to work with Katie and love the little orphans for a year or two.

I know that some of these ideas are crazy. I know only a few of these ideas are close to home. I know that only a few of them also follow the standard "American Dream" idea. But I honestly don't think that I was built for something "normal". Too much of my life these past couple of years has been so far outside of "normal" that I'm not even sure I could really figure out how to do that.

The reason I am listing these ideas out for the vast yonder of people to read is to ask for prayer. I am sure that you can see that I am at a loss for words. I am sure that you can see how confused I am about my life and where to go from here. I am asking for guidance from The Throne daily, and the only thing He's giving me is "Love Me. Trust Me. Obey." Even with this answer, this idea of which avenue to take in order to love, trust, and obey Him is beyond me.

Just as Emily and Brandon are going from this day forward, I am as well...I just don't know where exactly I am going...

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl. You know I would just d-i-e to work for Amazima. If you figure out a way to do that, you let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey neighbor!! Now you know I read your blog quite often! Your post reminded me of bible study we had with Leanne Lindsay tonight. We talked about how, as Christians, are lives are supposed to be unbalanced. We should always be willing to do anything Jesus asks of us. I can't wait to see where God takes you and love the great example of an "unbalanced" life you live everyday. Much love!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so i just flipped out for a milisecond because my hubbys name is Brandon Compton... :) small world! haha

    ReplyDelete