Tuesday, December 14, 2010

fifty two degrees.

It's currently 52 (read it: fifty two) degrees in my house. I'm a broke college student that won't splurge on the luxury of heat.
Yes, I am sitting in my chair with a sweatshirt and sweater on. Yes, I have my dog strategically spread across my feet to keep my toesies in tact.


But enough complaining, let's talk about the good life!

Yesterday was glorious and full of great friends.

I woke up to go to DH Hill library on campus so I could print my portfolio for Student Teaching.

Drama of the Day: Apparently the wireless network in DH Hill decided to crap out on us and none of the printers worked for about twenty minutes. And I only had given myself ten! It was stressful and even reduced a friend of mine to tears. But hallelujah, praise the Jesus, eventually it booted back up and I was able to run to class. Don't worry, I was only 25 minutes late.


Dr. Johnson took our entire LTN program out to lunch after class to celebrate a job well done. It was a great hour and a half. You put twenty girls in a room with food and you've got yourself a party! It was bittersweet because although we are all so glad to be done teaching, it was also the last time we were going to be together. Very few of us have a solid plan as to where to go from here so heaven only knows the next time we'll be seeing each other.


Ladies, it's been fun. Thanks for the laughs and lesson plans. Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on and joke to tell to get me smiling again. This experience would have been so different without any of you. I love you all.


I headed home afterwards to attempt to be domestic. I feel like everything is nothing but an "attempt" these days. My to-do list is too long! Anyhow, as I was folding clothes and there was a knock on my door. I knew I was supposed to be meeting my girls at their apartment to go see a movie, but what else had I planned for today?


It turns out, I hadn't forgotten plans, two of my girls decided to come surprise me!

Barn Party 2009 with My Kaitlyn and My Erika.

Kaitlyn and Erika were riding around and decided to stop by my place. I only had a second, but it truly made my day!

I ran out the door as soon as hugs were passed out to go see Tangled with My Lauren and My Kelsey and their Madison and their Morgan. Super duper fun time with my girls and their girls and Tangled is such a cute movie! It's stinkin' hiii-larious and precious to boot.

After the movie and some snuggling on the couch with my girls post-Disney, I headed off to RDU airport with some friends to go pick up the one and only Kimberly H. Spence! She's been in Ecuador studying abroad and I have missed her oh so much. She was the fifth roommate last year and she's another leader on West Campus. As many adventures as I knew she was enjoying in Ecuador, I'm glad she's home.

Today has been spent with more attempts at domesticity (new word. go use it.) and a lunch date with my daddy! You all know how much I adore my dad and he took me to Mellow Mushroom. Whoop whoop!

It's been a good thirty six hours, and starting in less than twenty four, I'm about to become a work-a-holic until Christmas Eve so I might not be around much, but I have plenty in store for you after the holidays I'm sure.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment