Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I so enjoy...

I so enjoy...

...reading.

...teaching.

...coffee.

...my Bible Study girls.

...cooking.

...television.

...spending time with my amazing Savior!

...my puppy.

...dancing.

...Diet Coke.

...road trips.

...phone calls with my Clearwater and Lebanon families.

...weekends with my Lebanon and Clearwater families.

...any day with my family!

...hugs and kisses.

...blog stalking.

If I could keep all of these things in my life, I would be happy forever!

I adore reading a certain blog every day. The writer is so sassy and so cute and she has the most adorable kids. It's on my bucket list to go through and read her entire blog (she started blogging in 2007. it's going to be a chore).

Today, I found an old post talking about a weekend that she and some girlfriends take every year. They take a weekend to go away and cook and laugh and hang out and just spend time together. Sometimes they bring their daughters, sometimes they bring their mothers. Sometimes they just bring their sweet tooth. I hope that somewhere down my line these weekends can happen with me and my baby girls, or more weekends with my Clearwater family or Lebanon family.

As I was reading the blog today, I envisioned a future conversation that I would have with my hubby like the one that she was having with hers.

Me: "Hey, sweeeeeeeetiee?"
Hubby: "What do you want now, my most precious wife that I would do anything for?"
Me: "Could you build me a kitchen?"

Hubby: "I already did you sweet thang."
Me: "No, no, no. Like another one. A big one where people could gather to cook and laugh and have fun. Like, another one in a building outside?"

Hubby: "So, you just want a big building that is just a huge kitchen?"
Me: "Well, I'll need a sweet dining room so we can eat that good food that I'm going to cook."
Hubby: "You want a kitchen and a dining room?"
Me: "Well, and we'll also need a nice living room so we can lounge while the cookies are baking!"
Hubby: "You want a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room?"
Me: "Yeah. Just somewhere that the families could come and hang out so we can see each other more often."
Hubby: "So what you really want...is a guest house?"
Me: "Just something in the back yard."
Hubby: "You want a guest house...in the back yard...But what's going to happen to it the other 50 weekends of the year when one of your family members isn't over?"
Me: "...We could keep it clean...You know, like if one of my girls wanted to move in..."
Hubby: "One of your girls??? Rebekah Sanderson, you all ready made me support 12 children. You want your girls to move in too?"
Me: "Well, not all of them..."
Hubby: "Seriously?"
Me: "But they're the loves of my life."
Hubby: "I thought I was the love of your life..."
Me: "You are...but they came first..."
Hubby: "Okay, so let me get this straight...we met back in the day. Then I couldn't help but fall in love with you because of your beauty and your charm. Then we had one of the most amazing weddings on the planet. And then we started having kids and filled up the house. And now you want a second house so you can entertain other people? Did I get that right?"
Me: "I'm so glad we agree on this!"
And then I give him a little smooch and he heads outside to start digging a foundation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment