Monday, January 24, 2011

Listening to my Haley.

These are some of my grandgirls.

These are my Kelsey and my Lauren's girls.
Morgan, Haley, Natalie, Emma, Bailey, and Kelsey.
This made me smile.
I wanted to share that smile with you.
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have no stopped griving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know HIm better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy place, and his incomparably great ower for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
Ephesians 1:15-21
I love these girls a lot. A whole, whole, whole lot.
I had lunch with my Haley yesterday and I expressed some frustration with her about not being about to cast vision with my ministry any more since I have only have 112 days until I graduate.
Haley, in true gentleness and love, then rebuked me.
"You might not be here, but your girls will be. Their girls will be. And then their girls will be. Cast vision for them. Tell them of your college experience and how much you pray that theirs will be as fruitful and as much of a growing process."
Yes, ma'am.
So, my beautiful girls.
In short...
Pray without ceasing.
Expect God to show up all the time.
Challenge Him to do big things.
Step out on faith.
Get uncomfortable.
Learn the Bible like your best friend's Facebook page.
Listen to that still, small voice.
Love with everything you have.
And then love some more.
Never, ever settle in any aspect of your life.
THAT BOY IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.
Surround yourself with people that will support you and pray for you.
If you can count the number of people you have hugged in a day, the number of times you have said "I love you" or the number of times you smiled...you didn't do it enough.
Remember always that you're a daughter of the King.
Remember always that you're more beautiful that I can put into words.
Remember always that you are nothing and He is everything.
Remember always that if you do nothing else but love for the next four years, you will have done more than you will remember.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment