Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sister.

I have a sister.




Her name is Emily.





She's kind of weird.






But my mommy told me that I still had to love her.





On many occasions I disliked having a sister growing up. My mom, who grew up with two brothers, constantly reminded me what a blessing it is to have a sister.




You'll never hear me say this again, so enjoy it...






My mom was right.






Who else would I be able to text "Blllllaaaaahhbcibnxhbedizabsdfihebc I don't wanna do homeworrrrrrkkk :(" to have them respond: "Yep"?
Who else would stand there beside me and take a mini photo shoot on Easter just because?
Who else can recite your entire Christmas gift list to you when you're trying to think of that one gift that meant a lot to you this year?
Who stands in your pictures with you from the time you're little to date?
Who knows your secrets?
Who else can you show up to thier dorm room in sweatpants and no make up and sit on their couch and watch hours and hours of a television show with while munching on a shmorgishboard of fast food?
Who else does one travel the world with?


My sister has an ex-boyfriend that doesn't like me very much. Well, none of them really like me, but whatever. This particular boyfriend didn't like spending time with me and Emily together. The reason? Sister speak.

My sister and I can literally have conversations like this:

"Do you know where that thing with the black thing on it is?"
"Yeah. Over there by that...um..."
"Got it."

"You know that thing with that thing and the stuff?"
"Of course."

It drove Ex-Boyfriend crazy.
I quite enjoy(ed) it.




She's my partner in crime.
She also in the person that makes me strive to be the best version of myself.
She's my constant competition and my best accountability partner.
She holds all of my memories.
She cried when I left to go to Lebanon, and she cried even harder when I got off the plane. In front of my entire Dream Team.




To those of you that don't have a sister, I'm not sure how you do it.
But what I really want to know is: What is it like to always know where every earring is? Every pair of underwear? Every pair of pants? Every purse? To know that no one else has used your toothbrush and know that the shower is always gonna be free. For these reasons only...you have my envy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I would love to have a sister. You have my envy :)

    ReplyDelete