Saturday, January 1, 2011

January Goals

I'm not a fan of resolutions.
I think I've had the same one for about the past...oh, 10 years. It hasn't happened.

Anyhow, I love short term goals. I'm really good at making to-do lists.

So, without further ado, here are my goals for January 2011!

1. Spend one-on-one time with at least 5 of my girls.
2. Clean my room.
3. Try something new at Global Village.
4. Begin spending time with my grandgirls, great-grandgirls, and great-greatgrandgirls.
5. Run at least 3 times a week.
6. Finish the collages for my bedroom wall.

I know these seem pretty simple, but it could possibly blow your mind what my average day looks like.
#1 shouldn't be that hard; five girls in 31 days? No biggie, but it's good to have a long term plan.
#2 is a bit trickier. I HATE cleaning! I moved into my apartment and never fully got settled. The area around my desk/little closet still have piles of junk that I haven't touched since the last week in July. It's bad.
#3 Global Village is my favorite coffee shop on Hillsborough St., and for the past year, I've always only gotten one thing: a Med Irish. Its freaking fantastic. But I think it's time to move on...What should I choose? Oy vey, this one might be toughie.
#4 Spend time with my girls' girls! I'm so excited about this. I'll have to do another entire post on this idea, but I'm really excited about it!
#5 I want to run a 5k before I turn 22. Less than 6 months and counting!! Ahhh!!!
#6 In our apartment, I have the big room. My room has this huge wall behind my bed. There's currently nothing on it. I have these collage frames that I want to design and put up behind there, I just haven't found the time yet. But I will find the time coming this January!

I also have some long term goals for this semester:
#1 Miss no more than 3 days of each of my classes (I know that sounds ridiculous, but I'm a serial class-skipper. It's a problem. And for two of these absences, I'll be in Honduras. So I'm only giving myself one day! Yikes!)
#2 Read the Bible through before I graduate (I was really convicted of it while I was in Lebanon, but I've never read the Bible cover to cover. It's time to get on the ball)
#3 Stay on top of My Utmost for His Highest. My Hannah lent me this devotional a year ago, and I am still on Day 3. This year is gonna be different. I promise, Hannie :)

Anyone else have any goals for this year/month/semester? I'd love to hear them!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment