Saturday, January 29, 2011

baby steps.

I am determined to run a 5k before I turn 22.


Why? To prove to myself that I can.


In order to do this, you have to train. I'm not good at training. I have very little motivation for anything besides reading or watching TV. Anything that will keep my tail on the couch, I'm totally game for.


With this being said, it goes without saying that I can do little without accountability and someone to make my butt get off the couch. So I told one of my girls about my plan. Drea squealed. She does 5ks like they're candy.


February 27th, Special Olympics 5k. Raleigh, NC...here I come!


I did the equivalent of a 5k in about 54 minutes yesterday. For the last 30, I was literally pulling Milley by her leash--she's not as good as once was. Today she only let me do a bit over a mile before she sat down on the side walk and would not go any farther.


Baby Steps. We'll get there. Well, we'd better...February 27th is right around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. be careful with milley--she's older than you are... and she needs training too...

    ReplyDelete