Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"a dozen pink daisies"

Yesterday about 5:30 or 6, my phone went bizurk!

In less than a minute I had FOUR text messages and two phone calls. I just knew someone had died. I was so scared to pick up my phone.

I was with friends and didn't want to pick up but the buzzing and beeping was incredibly distracting. Finally one of them got this wicked smile on her face and said,"Bekah, just pick it up."

By the time that I pulled my phone out of the vast depths of my purse the person had hung up. I still had my text messages. They said...

"Boy?"

"OH MY GOD THERE'S A BOY???"

"There's a boy? I thought I was your best friend. You need to pick your a$$ off that couch and call me. You got to interrogate my boyfriend. Give him the phone!!!"

"What boy?"

I was with two of my girls. I didn't have a clue what "boy" these people were talking about.

Turns out, my beautiful, innocent baby girls are very beautiful indeed, but are not so innocent.

I stupidly left my phone on the table when I excused myself to go to the bathroom. My BlackBerry is synced up with my Facebook account. I live on my phone and my girls know this. Consequently, they knew that my Facebook was on my phone.

They picked up my phone and found my Facebook account and posted my status as

"A boy just showed up at my house with a dozen pink daisies and a box of apple cider. I might keep him. :)"

These girls know me so well.
Daisies are my favorite flower. Pink is one of favorite colors. During the cold weather I live on apple cider. If a guy wanted to win my heart, this little surprise would've given him lots of kudos.

However, there is no guy. There were no flowers. Any of the apple cider in my house I purchased myself.

Oh well. I'm really glad my friends were really excited for me to have a boy though. I hope your reactions are just as great whenever that does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment