Tuesday, November 23, 2010

goooooddd moorrrnnning RALEIGH!

Whaddup, y'all?


So, please listen to my master plan:

I have begun typing all of the Thanksgiving posts and have been saving them under "Drafts" here so I could take them home and stick on my photos and just hit "Publish Post" each day. Well, I had three ready to go yesterday, but when I got home, I plopped down in front of my TV with my loaded DVR and didn't move until my sister sent me a text saying, "Chaaaaaannggggsss??? ;-)"

So, I pulled back on some acceptable clothing (somewhere between walking in the door and plopping, I had magically put on sweatpants and a tshirt) and ran out the door. Needless to say, I didn't add any pictures and therefore have no pretty thanks to give today. Eh, maybe later.



confession #01: i adore PF Changs. seriously. i could eat it every day and be totally okay with that. my uncle barry goes at least once a week (probably more like two or three times, if we're being honest), so he knows every bartender/waitress/waiter in the restaurant, and therefore they take really good care of us when we arrive.




confession #02: i have loved giving thanks, but it's been taxing. and i have nothing to be taxed. i am looking forward to the giving being over so i can just write about whatever i want. which i think this is why i am so okay with breaking the thanks and doing this crazy post--i need relief.



confession #03: i hate cell phones that make sounds when typing. the clicking will never go away, i get that, and i'm okay with that. but when it "ding, ding, ding, dingdingdingdingding, ding" every time you type a text message, i'm probably in the corner seething.




confession #04: a few nights ago, i had a dream that i married russell wilson. like, the nc state quarterback russell wilson. it was set up like a reality show and the topic of the reality show was how russell and i met. we were sitting on the couch like jon and kate used to do, talking about our early days. we met in class this upcoming semester and became study partners. friendship grew into something else and he proposed at his last football game (yes, i did convince him to stay for another year). we were married that following spring. at the time of the show, we were living in colorado since he got signed by the rockies and had about like 12 kids.

when i told my sister about this dream her first question was: "what color were your kids?" my answer: we had a little bit of every color--some of our biological kids looked like me, others looked like him, and then we adopted as well. we were a fascinating little hodge-podge.

her second question was: "how did the family react to the fact that he was black?"

totally relevant question. my answer: nina and papa have always said that it was okay for us to date other races as long as it was love and not just some ridiculousness--i gave them a chance to practice what they preach. granny and granddaddy have never really said anything, but i can kind of guess what they would think. but, since he was russell wilson, star quarterback for the wolfpack, it made it a lot easier for them to accept him. daddy was just starstruck the whole time and i don't even think he noticed russell was black. but yeah, there's a lot of other small details but that's all i'll divulge for now.




confession #05: adults on facebook bother me. seriously. facebook originated as a college world. yes, there are curse words. yes, there are inappropriate pictures and jokes that you may find crude. but hey, you lived it once too. or at least, i hope you did. anyhow, i have gotten messages from adults asking me to delete a comment from my wall because a friend of mine cursed. the reason they wanted me to delete it is because she wanted to allow her EIGHT YEAR OLD DAUGHTER to surf facebook and look at pictures and the bumper stickers that were popular back then. seriously???

i have gotten a number of comments/messages over the past few days about the fact that i said "go to hell carolina" in my status regarding the ball game.

confession #05b: i didn't write the nc state fight song. i just sing it.

i love my wolfpack. and i hate the tarholes. hate, hate, hate, hate. it's a strong word but i'm using it. so sometimes i need to sing my fight song to get out some frustration. or sometimes, to exude some joy. i didn't write the fight song, i just sing it.

but getting back to confession #05, i am totally fine with some people being on facebook to watch out for their kids or other loved ones. there are some craaaayy-zeee people online and they need some monitoring. when a twleve year old girl puts bikini pictures on facebook with captions like 'aren't i hott?', someone needs to let her mama know! but beyond that, it makes my blood boil.



confession #06:

you're = you are. your = possession.

their = possession. they're = they are. there = location.

were = plural form of was. we're = we are. where = location.

two = a number. too = also. to = preposition or infinitive.

sweet. i'm so glad we got that cleared up.


confession #07: i don't have a best friend, and it makes me sad. i have plenty of friends, but i don't have a girl that i'm paired off with to do everything with. i don't have someone that i call every day after school to tell about my adventures or someone that i call in order to have a shopping buddy. i have a list of people that i call for either detail and more, but sometimes, i just wish that i had someone that in thirty years can sit with me on the front porch and reminence. i love my life, but this is one of the small details that i wish i could change.


confession #08: you want to know what the title of this blog reminds me of? one day during lifeline in clearwater, rachel atwood, our fabulous emcee, stood up and said "gooooooodd morrrrrning vietnaaaaamm!" pretty much every situation of my life will either take the little video camera in my brain to a memory of clearwater, lebanon, my girls, or an episode of friends. if i ever just start smiling for no reason, ask me where my brain is at. it could be a rather interesting story.



confession #09: i heard an interesting take on gay marriage the other day. i think it was from a tv show, but nonetheless i found it interesting. "if marriage is so sacred, then why is divorce legal?" my ideas on gay marriage and divorce are not topics to be discussed here. truth be told, i don't answer any questions on the first and my opinions on the second are archaic--we'll leave it at that. but that quote just might be something to think about.


confession #10: one day, i will be published.

ta-ta darlings.
at 2:19, i will be in my car steering to wendell for thanksgiving break.
if you're awake too early on black friday or saturday, come see me at bn. i'm opening.

1 comment:

  1. question on number 5... so, you really don't like KIDS on facebook... not the adults, right?

    number 5b... you do know the real words to the fight song? please tell me you do...

    love you... heard you came to visit today :)

    ReplyDelete