Monday, November 22, 2010

Miss Eden Caroline (Day 21)

Eight and half months ago, I was at home in Wendell on a Sunday night for some reason that I cannot recall. I was sitting in my dad's green Laz-E-Boy (the coveted chair of the house) watching television with my sister. All at once, every cell phone in the house buzzed, beeped, or rang. Uncle Barry had sent out a mass text to the family alerting us that my cousin, Hannah, had been taken to the hospital because her blood pressure was through the roof. Hannah was just over six months pregnant at the time and they had been worried about preeclampsia for a few weeks. It all happened so fast.

I eventually returned to Raleigh within the next 24 hours.


I then ventured to my least favorite class of my semester and kept my phone on my desk, waiting impatiently for a text to tell me that I was an aunt.

Halfway through the class, my phone vibrated and my mom's text said "SHE'S HERE!!!" That's all it said. No name confirmation, no "Mom and Baby are doing great", no nothing. Just a confirmation that Eden had been delivered. Upon reading the text I let out a shriek and alerted my classmates that my little bundle of joy was here! (my professor, i'm sure, was so excited for the interruption)







But now, almost nine months later, this pre-me baby is a giggling, joyful, pudgy little girl that I could just eat up.



Not to brag, but she loves me the most. She absolutely lights up when I come in the room. I'm sure she's simply mirroring my joy, but still, it happens.



How can anyone not love this most precious little girl? I mean, her big, beautiful eyes...







That most adorable nose...


Or her heartbreakingly gorgeous smile...






I met my family at the gate at my final student home football game and got to kiss on Eden for a bit. The family (Mama, Daddy, Uncle Barry, and Hannah) kept pointing at me and were saying, "Look Eden! Who is that? Eden, look!" When her eyes finally connected, she started breathing heavy and giggling and pointing. I think she was as excited to see me as I was to see her! I absolutely adore that little girl. I cannot wait to watch her grow up and spoil her rotten!






She is honestly one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen--and I have encountered serious beauty in my years and in my travels. Her smile lights up a room, she has the most beautiful blue eyes and the sweetest smile. She's going to be my flower girl whenever I get married. She is going to absolutely take Wendell by storm with that smile of hers, or where ever else this life takes her. She's also as stubborn as can be. Her personality also dazzles everyone she meets. I'm afraid to think of the day that she goes to kindergarten, or when she graduates from high school, or goes to her senior prom...


*THUNK*


I just died.





EDEN STAY SMALL FOREVER!

AUNT REBEKAH CAN'T STAND THE IDEA OF YOU GETTING ANY BIGGER!!!

1 comment:

  1. cute!!! eden and i love you too!

    ...ps... i was 8 months prego :)

    ReplyDelete