Monday, November 22, 2010

days 17-20

Day 17.

I am thankful for Diet Coke.

Yes, I did just say that.
No, I do not care if you are judging me right now.

Diet Coke has been my energy source is Clearwater Beach Summer Project 2008. I completely blame Kerianne Bethea for my addiction. She's probably giggling herself into a frenzy over in Spain having just read that.

But in all seriousness, I drink at least a can a day. Whenever I get my Harris Teeter VIC Card emails alerting me to what is on sale for the week, the first thing I check is to see if Diet Coke products are Buy 2, Get 3 Free. It doesn't matter how many refrigerator packs I have in the house at the moment...if they're B2G3, you best believe I'm firing up The Reba and heading to HT.

Thank you, makers of Diet Coke, for helping me pull all-nighters, get through crazy days, and sometimes just calm down during a movie at night. I greatly appreciate your genius invention.



Day 18.

Erin Byrnes Green. This name means nothing to some of you, but to me, she's been my constant companion for the past three months. Erin is my cooperating teacher here at Garner and she is uhhh-mazing! Her energy level keeps me happy all day. She has amazing ideas for the classroom and just how to effectively love your students. I have learned so much from her.

Some of the other LTN girls do nothing but complain about their CTs. I only remember complaining about her once. Some of the other girls don't like their CTs at all--Erin and I talk on the phone every weekend, text little stories to one another; we've been to each others' houses; we plan double dates that one day we will go on if I ever get a boyfriend. I've all ready warned her that next year I'm going to be sending her an email a day asking what I should be doing with my students. My life would be vastly different if I had been assigned anyone else. Thanks, Big Guy, for having a hand in the small details.



Day 19.

On that same note, my kiddos are such blessings. I know that I've complained about them a ton, but oh my heavens! I miss them on the weekends and I hate the fact that I have planning 2nd period because that just puts 90 more minutes between me and them! My future students have such shoes to fill!




Day 20.

I am incredibly thankful for my job. No, not my "job" at Garner...but the real one that writes me a paycheck every now and again. I love working for Barnes & Noble! I have so much fun and I adore the people I work with. On top of that, I have the world's greatest boss! Lynn has been so understanding about my demanding schedule outside of work from my second interview a year and a half ago, until this very day. I've never had a problem not working on Sundays or taking off two months to go to the Middle East. I could complain about some other people in charge, but it all boils down to Lynn. I've been told that I could probably get better hours at another store or definitely have less of a commute at another store, but because of my most fabulous Lynn and the absolutely fantastic people I work with, I could never leave. It would be really easy for them to fire me because I request so much time off, but they keep me around, and I am so happy they do! I miss it during my stints of not working and I look forward to my alarm going off at 4:30am during the holidays so I can go open shop. Now how many people can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment