Saturday, March 5, 2011

Warning!

It's Saturday!
Praise the Jesus!

It's also Spring Break!
PRAISE THE JESUS ONE MORE TIME!

I am super excited to report that I am staying in Raleigh and working with Vintage21 Church to love Raleigh doing Sacrificial Spring Break.



I have been put on the team to work with the Boys' Club of Raleigh. I will be building benches and cleaning a playground in the morning and in the afternoon I get to love little children.

That will be Monday through Friday.

Saturday on the other hand, is a different story. Oh my heavens...Saturday!

On Saturday I am getting in my car and heading to Evans, Georgia. My Aunt Beth Ann, Uncle Doug, and cousins Jackson and Bryson live down there. I'm going to hang out with them for about 24 hours.

But guess who else is going to be in Evans, GA that weekend?

Any idea?

I can't wait and stall and tell you a funny anecdote because I'm too excited...

THE PIONEER WOMAN!

I LOVE THE PIONEER WOMAN! LOVE HER LOVE HER LOVE HER!

I saw from her website that she was heading to Atlanta for her book signing and I thought, "Uhm...Seven hours. A seven hour drive for a book signing? Eek."
BUT THEN, I checked back a few days later and saw she was going to be in Evans. Evans, unlike Atlanta, is only a 4 hour drive.
I called up my mom and asked, "Hey Mama, where does Aunt Beth Ann live?"
"Evans. Why?"
Before she could get out the "Why?" I was too busy squealing and promptly hung up on her to call Aunt Beth Ann and to ask and see if I could crash at her place. I made sure to call her Bam-Bam just like I did when I was three so she would remember when I was cute and I was her favorite person on the planet.
What do you know, it worked!

I picked up a copy of The Pioneer Woman's new book, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" yesterday from Barnes & Noble.


I'm currently on Chapter 6 and loving it more and more every page.

All I need now is a little inscription from the author to make my day.
I'm also taking down my copy of her cookbook for her to sign as well.

My dad is really enjoying making fun of me saying that I'm wasting lots of gas money to get a book signed. Whatever, I'm meeting a celebrity. He can get over it. I like being the black sheep :)

This whole blog was to tell you that I won't be updating until next Monday. I might throw in a story or two during my breaks this week, but don't count on it.

If you're out there, and you're the praying kind, I would love for you to toss one up to The Big Man about this week. We're going to be interacting with a lot of people and hopefully making a difference. Pray for good conversations and for our love for Jesus to be evident. Pray for good community among our team of 100 college kids (who call 5 different universities home). Pray that I get my house cleaned in time and pray that the Game Night that I'm hosting on Monday will be a success (yes, a bit prideful, but what else is new?). Pray that I efficiently love the two girls that are staying with me over the week. Pray for Haley, Jeremy, Risa, and my Kelsey who are in charge of this whole kit-and-kaboodle.

My life is amazing.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment