Monday, October 14, 2013

90 Days of Online Dating: A few things.

I'm feeling a list about my life coming on. So today's post is going to be a break from the ordinary formula.

01. I am not a fan of matte finish nail polish. Nail polish is supposed to be shiny and sparkly and girly. Matte finish goes against everything womanhood stands for.

02. Mr. Sparkly Blue Eyes, or "Aaron" as you would know him, has stopped texting me. No idea why. One minute he was asking me about my weekend plans, and the next he won't tell me how his meeting went, or respond to my "Happy Wednesday!" text. No idea what happened.

03. Unsolicited Advice for the Gentlemen: Man up. Man the junk up. If you find a flaw in a girl that will become the fatal flaw of the relationship, tell her you're no longer interested. If you met someone else or you can't stand how the girl laughs, that's fine. It's life. It happens. Not texting back is the cowardly thing to do. Man the GodBlessAmerica up and say, "Hey, no offense, but I'm not feeling it." Depending on how long you've been together, she'll probably have some questions. If you've been together a while, she might cry. If you've only been going out a week and she cries, be honest with her and then run as fast as you can. Don't be a coward.

04. I have no idea why I'm writing a zero before my numbers. When I was a sophomore in high school I saw a senior, whom I adored and admired, do it, and I liked it because she did it, so I've done it ever since. It's not my thing, but when I'm feeling fancy, the zero shows up.

05. My Wolfpack lost their football game on Saturday. I was forced to sit next to a Syracuse fan. By the grace and power of Jesus, both he and I walked out of the stadium unscathed physically. Oh my heavens, do I love football!

06. I offended a 21-year-old this weekend on the dating site. I'll share that on Wednesday's post :)

07. The dating site that I'm on has a smartphone app, which is mainly how I'm communicating with the guys. One of the functions of the app is that I can go through a match search and be given the pictures and short blurb about each guy and say if I like them or want to meet them or not. I was swiping through the list this weekend and apparently I rejected too many guys because the dating site sent me a message. "We know swiping is fun and all, but how about choosing a guy. Or just lowering your standards." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that my dating site was telling me to rethink my standards for the guys I date. Also, I keep clicking on this one profile when I'm Match Searching, only to realize that I've looked at him before and there's no way that we could work out based on the info from his profile. I've come to the conclusion that I'm more attracted to his really cute puppy that's in the profile with him than I am to the guy himself. Does the SPCA have an app for me to browse cute puppies I could love?

08. I know the people around me are sick of me saying this, but there is nothing truer in my life at the moment: I am unendingly thankful for my job and my new school. A friend was asking me about it this past weekend and my response was, "It's truly a moment when you realize that all of the prayers that you never got around to putting into prayer form have been answered in addition to the ones that you did pray." That's how I feel every single day.

09. I have had the opportunity to see/chat with a few of my former students in the past week. Once I have a student, they're always my kid. Catching up with my babies always makes my heart so full of happiness.

10. I am in need of a good book to read. I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for, but if you have any suggestions, I'll take them! One request, though: No series. I don't have time to immerse myself into another world right now. Other than that, I would love to know what you're reading!

Peace and blessings, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment