Friday, October 4, 2013

90 Days of Online Dating: Day 5

Day: Five.

Mood: Giggly

Online Interaction: I gave a guy my number. Ha! I can’t believe it – I gave a guy my number.
I’ll tell you this: I’m the first of my friends to hand out my number in a bar or at a restaurant, but to some guy who I only know because of a few short emails and a two-hundred word profile…oh, goodness.
I’ve had a few sketchy guys ask. They were rejected.
But this guy. I gave this one my number. We were “matched” on the dating site and apparently we were checking each other out at the same time. We both sent each other a “great smile!” email. As I was perusing his profile, a few things struck me. He’s educated, he’s intelligent, he’s already got one Master’s and is looking forward to obtaining his second one. His profile has ZERO grammar errors on it. His “important things in my life” section of his profile list Jesus and his family.
I made sure to email this one back immediately. Girl ain’t playing no games when a guy with a good smile, sparkly blue eyes, and an education that he applies to his life asks for your number.
After sixteen emails back and forth, he asked and I sent it, and put a little giggle in the air.

Unsolicited Advice for the Gentlemen: Make sure you know a girl’s name before you ask for her number. She’s more likely to give it to you if she thinks you aren't a sleaze.


Real-life interaction: Every other Thursday night, us teachers have an established routine to head to the local Mexican restaurant at 5:30. We gorge ourselves on queso and chips and we laugh until we cry. Last night was glorious. I felt like I was in college a little bit: my best friends all sitting around the same table, knowing that I would get to see them again tomorrow; our lives revolving around each other a little bit. I’m a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment