Friday, February 18, 2011

My Life, in Cute, Short, Dialogue Stories.

Over the past week, I have slept very little, done homework a lot, cooked a bit less than that, and laughed really hard...and loved (almost) every minute of it.

My life has a lot of people in it. I like it that way. I hope it never changes.

I thought I would share some cute dialogues that I have have with these people over the past few days.

Story #1:
Me: "I don't believe people when they tell me I'm 'beautiful'. I feel like "beautiful" is such an overused word. I just, don't believe it..."
Bible Study Girl: "Is it the same as you not believing my request for some ice cream?"
*proceeds to spread her hand across my kitchen table, where in fact, I have not placed a bowl of ice cream.*


Story #2:
Scenario: I'm sitting on my couch, quite tired. One of my girls comes in and jumps on me...
Bible Study Girl: "You know I love you right?"
Me: "What did you break?"
Bible Study Girl: "That's not fair!"
Me: "I beg your pardon." *pause* "What mess do I need to clean up?"
Bible Study Girl: "Is that seriously what you think of me?"
Me: "You know not! Are you hungry?"
Bible Study Girl: "BINGO! Will you make me a quesadilla?"
And they tell me I don't know them...


Story #3:
Scenario: Sitting around with my girls after dinner, but still before Bible Study.
Bible Study Girl: "That was probably one of the best meals I've ever had."
Me: "I'm glad you liked it. It was really easy to make."
Bible Study Girl: "Could I get the recipe?"
Me: "Sure. First you take two cans of marinara sauce..."
Bible Study Girl: "Oh. My bad. When I said, 'Could I get the recipe?' I really meant, 'Could you make a big pot of this and just bring it to my house?'"

Why do I get the feeling that I'm just a walking robot wearing an apron with a spatula in hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment