Friday, February 11, 2011

A Teaser of a Snow Day.

All of the local news channels were calling for snow to show up Thursday morning. I was so looking forward to cancelled classes, chocolate chip pancakes, sweatpants, an Oprah marathon, and so much more.
I woke up to find this beautiful glaze of snow over all of my backyard and car and it was just beautiful. However, my classes were not cancelled, which means that I couldn't stay in my sweatpants and make chocolate chip pancakes. It meant that I had to wake up and get dressed and go to classes.
Isn't it beautiful?

Before I ventured off to classes, I had to scrape off my car. Thanks for your help, Taylor.

I was driving through campus on my way to the parking deck. Going down Dunn Ave there are trees on each side of the street. All of the trees have lost their leaves, but they had this sweet dusting of snow on them. I thought,

"This is either the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced...or the most depressing. I'm seeing all of the beauty...and I have to go sit in a classroom and discuss some very vulgar and depressing literature."

After six hours of classes, I got a two hour break and spent the majority of it with one of my grandgirls over coffee. Precious, precious baby girl.

After coffee with Madison, I went to work. Instead of hanging out with the eight-year-old, Super Z, I got to hang out with the three-year-old, Captain K. Three-year-old brains never cease to amaze me.

Captain K: Rebekah, will you write your whole name?
(I write my first, middle, and last name on his chalkboard)
Captain K: No! You need another name! Girls have four names!!
Me: What do you mean, baby?
Captain K: Girls get married and then they four names. Like, my mom. Her name is R. E. S. U. And because you are going to marry me, you have four names: Rebekah. S. Sanderson. U.

Ohhh, three year olds. Gotta love them.

After I got off of work, I headed to El Rodeo and went to celebrate this pretty girl's birthday.

Happy Birthday, sweet Alecia. I love you :)

Don't forget to check back in on Sunday and get all of the details about the Valentine Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment