Saturday, March 27, 2010

daisies.


I love daisies. They are my favorite flower. They're also my dad's favorite flower. They'll cover the halls during my wedding and also my funeral if someone is smart enough to read this and remember. I never knew why I liked daisies so much until I saw the movie "You've Got Mail." In this movie, Meg Ryan's character says


"I love daisies...They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"


Why, yes, Meg Ryan, I really do. That's exactly why I love them. And they come in such fun and bright colors. They're nothing dreary about them. They're uncomplicated, fun, bright, and always so happy to see you.


Kind of like this day. I woke up this morning with every intention of going to the Flea Market to browse around and maybe find some wonderful treasure, but instead I turned off my alarm and slept in a few more hours. I then took my time waking up and watching TV where I got some knitting done and put my DVR to use. I soon got out of my favorite pajama pants and University of Tennessee Volunteers shirt (which also used to be my dad's) and hopped in the shower, later blow dried my hair and applied make up to my face and realized that it was going to be a good day. Just for good measure, I stuck a purple daisy clip that I purchased from Michael's in my hair to remind myself to smile once in a while.


I climbed into my car and ventured to Barnes & Noble to pick up my paycheck and spend some of said paycheck on a book I wanted. While at Barnes & Noble I talked to my boss who informed me that this summer they're willing to keep me post-Lebanon and pre-student teaching which is a HUGE answered prayer. It might only come out to be about 50 hours of working this summer, but that's 50 hours on a paycheck that I thought I was going to have to sacrifice.


When I got back outside, I realized how beautiful the sun was today. The air smelled fresh and the sun made me giddy so I ran to Chick-fil-a for a late lunch and took it to Kentwood Park along with my new book and sat on a bench reading and thanking Jesus for the sunshine.

Once the wind chill took over I came back to my apartment to find two support letters in my mailbox. This is just a good day.


And to top it all off, in about an hour, I'm picking up my darling Sarah Beth and we're going to celebrate the world's greatest Hannah Worley for her 21st birthday.


Oh yes, indeed. Today is a great day, just as bright and friendly as a beautiful daisy.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, friend. You are so beautiful inside and out and this just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete