Tuesday, February 16, 2010

my sinless Savior

i'm not at all a fan of whiny people. i mean really. they get nothing done, they have no suggestions on how to improve their life or others, they just want to complain and annoy the mess out of me. that is their goal in life: to annoy the mess out of me.

one of the worst complaints i hear towards my Jesus is "He doesn't know what I'm going through." seriously? seriously, hypothetical person that i'm ranting at right now? are you really that naive? are you really that shallow in your walk with Him that you don't know what He's done for you?

the phrase "He died for my sins" has become so watered down in our culture that it makes me sick. "Oh yeah. i know Jesus. He died on that cross thing. yeah, about two thousand years ago." yes, all of this is true. but there's so much more to the story!!!

i was preparing for my Bible Study earlier and had to cross reference our lesson with Isaiah 53. My heart leapt immediately when i saw "Isaiah" written on the page. i am a huge fan of the book of Isaiah. it taught me so much when i was going through a time where i desired to discover the world and my Savior who isn't of this world. a quote from Amy Carmichael set up reading Isaiah 53, and before i enter my rant about how absolutely amazing my Jesus is, i want to share with you this quote.

The Hand that touches is the Hand that was pierced--a pierced hand is tender; it knows the feeling of pain.

okay. so please tell me what Jesus doesn't know about?

"He doesn't know what it's like to be alone." ok. really?! God turned His head away from His Beloved Son in order for Him to be crucified. we, us measley, terrible, sinful human beings, have the promise that He will never leave us or forsake us. Jesus, the author and perfector of OUR faith, didn't get that same offer. He wins Round 1.

"He doesn't know what it's like to cry myself to sleep every night because i'm so hurt and confused." He sweat blood as He was crying out for the cup to be taken from Him. in the words of jeremy clayton: boom roasted. (and by the way, the cup didn't pass. He stopped sweating blood and starting to have His own physically ripped out of His veins. my Jesus knows suffering.)

c'mon people. give me a hard one.

"He doesn't know what it's like to love someone so much and give them everything i have to offer, only to have them walk away."
...
...
...
how do i put this gently?
there is no greater love than this: that man lay down his life for his friends.
as Jesus was committing the greatest act of love that ever crossed the face of this earth, the people He loved so much were spitting in His face. His perfect face. His perfect hands were being pierced. His perfect side was being stabbed. His perfect feet that brought The Good News were being NAILED into a splintery wooden cross. and as He was being laughed at, spit on, mocked, abused, whipped, and nailed some more, He looked at the laughers, the spitters, the mockers, the abusers, the whippers, and the nailers and said

"I LOVE YOU."

don't give me crap about my Jesus. He wins. He always has. And He always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment