Wednesday, February 10, 2010

yay for my kaitlyn :) :) :)

So today is Wednesday, which means yesterday was Tuesday. Which means at 9:00 yesterday evening about 15 of God's most wonderful girls walked through my front door. We had a wonderful sharing time and went through Chapter 2 of our study book for this semester, "Becoming a Woman of Freedom," by Cynthia Heald. The girls really opened up--we even had three new girls and they even shared! It's always absolutely amazing to watch the body of Christ come together and worship and love one another. It's one of my favorite things about being a Christian, community is.

Well, after we went through Chapter 2 and the girls were filing out, two of my girls hung back, Kari and Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn's been around since Day 1 pretty much and Kari finally started coming last semester. About two weeks ago, I submitted a reference for Kaitlyn for her Summer Project application. Kaitlyn came up to me after Bible Study and said:

"So...I was wondering if you could help me write my Support Letters?"

I started squealing out of sheer joy! One of my Baby Girls is taking a leap of faith and allowing God to completely rock her world! I am so excited to watch her and see where God is going with this adventure.

If y'all could be praying for Kaitlyn as she embarks on this faith building adventure of a lifetime, I'd greatly appreciate it. She's got about $3000 to raise over the next few months before she heads to Ohio for the summer. I know that God is going to challenge her and stretch her and show her His amazing plan for her life. I can't wait to watch as God shows me once again that He loves these girls more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment