Tuesday, October 26, 2010

my haley girl.

This is my Haley.
Isn't she beautiful?

She is one of the most beautiful people that I have ever met.
She is one of the most beautiful people that I will ever meet.
I met Haley at the beginning of my sophomore year. She is currently a junior majoring in Engineering. She is in the other Junior Girls' Bible Study, but I call her mine.
Haley currently leads her own Bible Study of about fifteen sophomore girls. Haley, with her co-leader Rita, leads her girls without fear. Without fear of rejection or fear of what they may think of her, Haley leads her girls straight to Jesus. When she's not in their presence, Haley leads her girls to Jesus while she's on her knees praying for them, by name, daily.
Haley is an inspiration to me.
Where as I am prideful, Haley is humble.
I am strong-willed and overbearing, Haley is kind, gentle, loving, compassionate, and generous.
I am overdrawn and too busy, Haley has amazing time managment skills and manages to get everything done on time.
I look at Haley and I see every quality that I wish to obtain.

Over the past two years, Haley has never ceased to amaze me. Especially for the past year this has been more true. Haley's heart is the size of Alaska, but is as warm and beautiful as the Bahamas.
While the world around Haley was telling to "get out Raleigh to do something with your life," Haley saw the needs in Raleigh and began to put together a Spring Break service project together with Vintage21 church here in Raleigh. A small vision of Haley's soon grew into over 75 college students loving on the little people often forgotten in downtown Raleigh. By the time the trip had rolled around, the team with Vintage was having to turn people away because there simply wasn't space. Haley's small idea had turned into a movement.
Haley could have stopped there, as many of us would, but since she is Haley, she did not.
This year, Haley once again saw the needs right under her nose and moved into the International Dorm on campus. While spending her time there, Haley has started a small group Bible Study for a few of her Chinese friends and has even made friends outside of those on her hall.
When Haley had a birthday, she invited friends out for ice cream. Most of us would have stopped with long-time friends so that we wouldn't have to play hostess and could just enjoy the evening. Did Haley? No. Her friends from the ID came and met her other friends.
When Barn Party rolled around, Haley had enough responsibility to transport her girls and help transport her grandgirls to Adcock Farms. But did she stop there? No. Haley brought carloads of her International friends to come experience more fun things.

Haley loves Jesus. With all of her heart.
Her heart for Raleigh, her heart for North Carolina, her heart for the USA, her heart for the nations never ever cease to amaze me. Haley has never prayed a small prayer in her life. I listen to Haley's stories and just sit there in wonder.
Haley questions why God uses her because she's so small and insignificant in the big scheme of things...
To this, My Haley Girl, I say to you...
You are a light in a very dark place.
You are joy in a sorrowful world.
You are going to change the world...just by smiling at it.
You are the reason that people can still get out of bed in these times and believe that there is Something Good.
You make me believe in the impossible.
You make me want to strive for the impossible.
You are such an encouragement to my heart.
Haley, my love, I truly believe that one day we will stand before our Savior and He is going to show us all the faces of the people that we have impacted by our love and compassion. Haley, my darling, not only will I be in that line, but I will not be shocked to see that line circle The Throne many times over. You may think that you are small and insignificant, but remember, my dearest, that you serve a Mighty God. Remember, my angel, that you will be flown on the wings of eagles. Never forget, gorgeous, that you are this incredible because you humbled yourself before that same Throne and surrendered your life. Never forget who you serve, baby girl.
I am so, so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment