Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cinderella

I told myself again and again that I would NOT post pictures from Halloweens past, but as I was flipping through old pictures to find a certain one to show as embarrassment for my best friend, I couldn't resist.
HOWEVER, let me preface this by saying: Halloween has lost it's magic with me. I loved it growing up because one of my dominant personality is the one that screams "More lipstick!" and "Need glitter!" and "Your skirt doesn't twirl enough!" and on Halloween, I can make that girl very, very happy. But with that, I hate the scare factor of Halloween. I hate being scared or having cause to scream in terror. This year, more than any other year, I have noticed the scare factor and I'm not a fan. I also don't have the money to invest in the fabulous costumes that I want and I also am not a whore, therefore there is only a limited number of costumes for me.
Now, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of my niece in her ladybug outfit, and I hope that Hallelujah Night at my church goes well, and I can't wait for the day that I get to dress up my own kids, but my days are over for being a Halloween-er.
That being said, a small walk down memory lane.
A bridesmaid.
(age 10?)
p.s. i'd really appreciate it if you didn't notice the glasses and remove my pre-braces smile from your memory.
A Wolfpack Cheerleader.
(age 7?)


Cinderella.
(age 4?)
Growing up--and still to this day--I am in love with certain Disney princesses. Meaning, Cinderella and Belle; the rest of them just happen to exist.
My mom slaved for weeks to make me the perfect Cinderella costume. I have another picture at my house (and unfortunately, not on my laptop) of me with the BIGGEST smile on my face. I'll have to find that one and put it up here when I go home on Tuesday afternoon.
To date, this is probably my favorite Halloween costume.
Some that aren't pictured include: a clown, a cowgirl, a bunny, a diva, an 80s girl, and a graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment