Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finally! Pictures!

Here is my Senior Year so far in photographs.


FALL RETREAT



One night at dinner, the most legit group of people sat down around me, and it was the best meal that I've had in all four trips.



All of my girls, grandgirls, and great-grandgirls that were at Fall Retreat.
This is my definition of joy: having my surround me.
(P.S. This isn't half of them)


BARN PARTY



One of my "step-girls" Megan.
(There's two junior studies on West Campus. I have mine and then I adopted another while their leader is studying abroad. I love them like they're my own but they're only on loan.)


Sarah Beth is one of my closest friends in Raleigh. She's a Meredith girl and neither of us remember how met, but I know that I'm sure glad that we did.


My baby girls, grandbabies, and great-grandbabies that we could wrangle up in five minutes.

Okay. I know that this is a very unattractive picture of me, but I have a point.
PHOTOBOMBING IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES EVER.
No seriously. I scrapbook and have a million picture frames, so to not be able to frame pictures because of some disrespectful idiot in the background pisses me off so bad. Jason and I had literally spent five minutes wrestling Alecia to get a good picture and I was so aggravated by this point. Now if you photobomb once and then move so I can get a good one, that's fine. Whatever. I'll put up with your immaturity for one picture. But seriously, grow up people.


FOOTBALL


(L to R) My Hannah, My Kelsey, My Rachel, and My Lauren at the Western game.


(L to R) My Lauren, My Kelsey, My Hannah, and My Sami.

RESTORING CLASS TO AMERICA PARTY

Okay, I need to explain this one. A friend of mine threw a "classy" party. He and his roommates had canopied their back yard in twinkle lights, they had Michael Buble and Louis Armstrong and the like blasting from the speakers. They had candles lining the sidewalk and sparkling cider in the flutes. Everyone was dressed in their best and some smoked cigars and pipes and IT WAS one of THE BEST PARTIES OF MY COLLEGE CAREER. I am not even kidding. If I hadn't gone on two summer projects, it would surpass anything that I know.

Alecia (a former Oasis girl), Suzanne (another Oasis girl), and Brittany, "B.Knox" Knox (another of my step-girls.

And also, since this is my blog, so I can show off whatever I want...

Drum roll please...

MY NIECE EDEN :)

I feel like I should explain this. Eden is my cousin Hannah's daughter. My family is super close and just love each other a lot and so we decided for my generation to be the next generations "aunts and uncles" instead of just cousins.
So this is my niece, and I'm her Aunt Rebekah.


Does she not have the SWEETEST smile in the world? She is honestly one of the happiest babies I have ever known. And she just LOVES to smile for the camera.

This is Eden with her other great-grandmother, Granny T. Eden and I share Granny P, not Granny T. But I just love this picture of her...my little diva.

She's all sweet now, but little Miss Personality is coming all full force by the minute!

Eden's mom loves to take lots of pictures of her and so she decided to do a pumpkin photo shoot. I didn't think any of the pictures came out with the smile that I know of her but this one just shows her off! Cute as a button!!!

I went to go visit Eden about a week ago as I was heading back to Raleigh from a weekend in Wendell. I dont' get to see Eden much since my life is in Raleigh and her life is in Wendell (and I had also spent about 1/6 of her life in the Middle East), so I really wasn't expecting her to be comfortable around me or give me some good smiles. She had been under the weather so I wasn't expecting her to be a very happy little girl that day...BOY WAS I WRONG! I walked in the door and smiled at her, and she gave me the biggest smile! She immediately reached out to me and we played for the next thirty minutes. I "ate her belly" and she just laughed and giggledand smiled. We read the Wolfpack book together and I also read her the Colors book (she just loves pink, purple and green, just like her Aunt Rebekah!) She even showed off some of her rolling and crawling skills for her favorite aunt. Now, Eden is a baby that never. sits. still. (I wonder where she gets that trait from? Hmm...) However, a couple of times I picked her up and she just laid her head on my shoulder and just sat there for a bit. For such a go-go-go! type of baby, I considered this a big deal for her to trust me so much as to relax on me and just give me some love. It was a great day. She is just too cute for words.

Other than this, my life is filled with Student Teaching and topped off my cooking, Bible Study-ing, and sleeping. But hey, it's a good one.

2 comments:

  1. who is that cute baby?!?! :-D i heard i missed your visit the other day... uuugh. glad eden got some time with aunt rebekah :)

    have a great week! love you!

    ReplyDelete