Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012 {the borough}

Since this was my last day to sleep in before going back to school, there was not an alarm set in this house.

Once Milley woke me up, I headed downstairs and grabbed a stack of papers that needed to be graded. I'm happy to report that it's DONE. That's right, done. D-O-N-E. Done. I can't believe it myself. But I was so excited.

About 11 a.m. I asked one of my roomies if she had any plans for the evening, when she said she didn't, I replied that I would love a girls night out to commemorate Christmas Break 2011 and also to celebrate all of this grading being done.

We decided that downtown Raleigh was best and thanks to the ever-so-handy Google, we stumbled upon
The Borough. It had decently priced food and good cocktail list...table for four please!

Ava Michelle, Alecia, Jamie, and I headed downtown and into the quaint little restaurant. We were so pleased to find out that on Monday - Friday most appetizers are 1/2 off!

I had the Boomerang for an appetizer (you say 'spinach and mushrooms' and I come running!) and The Brute Squad for my entree.

They were both incredible.

I could eat the Boomerang with a spoon! If there had been any left after I had finished my chips, I would have! For the small prices, the portions were great!


They put some sort of wonderful spice mix on the french fries. There was not a fry left on the table.
And you'll notice there wasn't any Boomerang left either...

One note about The Brute Squad: it was delicious, but I ordered mine medium rare. I swore it moo-ed a few times as I bit in to it. May I suggest that you order yours "medium" when you go :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to spoil the excitement for anyone, but the bathrooms were out of this world. I loved the signs that designated which was "guys" and which was "gals"--you'll have to visit to see for yourself--but to top it off, this little guy was waiting for us in the soap dispenser.


I was concerned that I had drank my cocktail too fast (The Big Mama, for those of you that were curious--and yes, I'll be getting it again; the perfect blend of sweet and kicker) but thankfully Ava Michelle was my bathroom buddy and she confirmed that yes, indeed, there is a lion in the soap dispenser.

After a very productive day and a lovely dinner out with my roomies, we're all going to curl up on the couch to watch the season premiere of The Bachelor.

It's been the perfect way to send out Christmas 2011!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice that I've added a new label to my collection: "restaurant reviews". The idea came up to make a roomie outing a weekly thing to explore this great city that we live in. If you're from the area, come on back every now and again and see what good eats we've stumbled across.

Also, if you have any suggestions as to where we should go, feel free to comment. We'll go and report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment