Friday, October 12, 2012

Questionnaire.

While I was subbing one day, I decided to go read through my cousin Hannah's blog so that I could re-live the cuteness that is Baby Eden. In one of her posts I found this little questionnaire that she tagged me in to do, so I decided (eighteen months later) to do it!

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family? I no longer have any pets. I have had three dogs in my lifetime (Lady, Ginger, and Milley) for a total of about sixteen years. Milley lived with me in Raleigh for almost two years before we had to put her down back in July. When she was living with me, she was my baby. Lady and Ginger were just pets, but being Milley's sole provider put a whole new idea of having a pet. I've also had a collection of goldfish, but they don't really count.

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? Oh gosh. I have lots of dreams. Maybe I would publish a book? Lose all the weight? Get married? Meet Tim Tebow? MARRY TIM TEBOW -- I like that one. Travel endlessly at no cost to me. Adopt some orphans and live happily ever after?
Nope. I've got it. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I did marry Tim Tebow (from my subconscious to God's ears) and his wedding present to me was a plane ticket. Not for me, but for my Belarussian brother, Petr. My family participated in ABRO (American Belarus Relief Organization) for several years and had Petr come and live with us for five summers. For my wedding present, Tim flew Petr to America (I haven't seen him since July, 2007) for a month to be in my wedding and reconnect with our family. I think about that boy a lot. I would love to know how he's doing.

3. What would you do with a billion dollars? Travel. Pay off my car. Go to grad school debt-free. Build a house. Build my parents a house. Invest it so I would never have to work again. Open a school. Open orphanages and schools overseas. Adopt said orphans. Go see Petr.

4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? My love language is acts of service. Someone doing something good for me (especially without being asked!) is a way to bring out the sunshine for any day.

5. What is your bedtime routine? I haven't had a "routine" in years. Now it's more of a "wake up on the couch at some point in the night and move to the bed to finish the sleeping hours." Back when I did have a routine it looked like this: wash off my make-up, take a sleeping pill, let Milley outside for five minutes, the two of us head over to bed, cuddle while watching an episode of "Friends" and then fall asleep until the dreadful alarm makes his appearance into my life.

6. What activities did you do in high school? If you could go back, would you do the same stuff or something different? Oh goodness. High school. Marching band was my main thing. I also participated in the spring musicals, Student Council, Beta Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society. Among others, I'm sure. I would do high school almost exactly the same. College might be another story (note: I loved my college years, but I would love to experiment to see if the grass would be greener elsewhere).

7. What kind of books do you read? Chick lit. Historical fiction. I want happiness and romance. Daisies, roses, and sunshine. I don't do creepy stuff.

8. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I'll be 33. Wow. 33. That's hard to consider. I don't know. Published? Living in a house I own? Married with kids, maybe? I don't know if I'll be teaching again. Definitely with a Master's Degree. Hopefully have traveled some more.

9. What’s your fear? I have lots of them. Snakes and heights are my biggest ones. Failure. Being cheated on. Dying young.

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space? Nope. I really don't care that much about outer space. I would totally give up junk food for a decent trade-off, but outer space isn't it.

11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Pee. Isn't that everyone's answer? Or maybe it's "hit the snooze button."

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? I don't have a significant other. Next question.

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? I used to be obsessed with the name Elizabeth. I'm pretty content with my name, though. It's recognizable, but spelled atypically.

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Well, I hate rain, so I guess I default to sun. Can we have the sunshine like in the Bahamas? No humidity, a slight breeze? A high of 75 every day? Yes, I choose that.

15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be? Oh goodness. Either Asian food or Mexican food. I could live off of queso. And sesame chicken. But that means I couldn't eat pasta. That's probably the hardest question I've ever been asked.

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most? Events. I like documenting the people that are most important to me. The main problem is is that I hate using my laptop. It's slow and it's bulky. If I had the money laying around for an adapter to get pictures from my camera to my iPad I would be more likely to document it. As it is, any pictures on my camera are super unlikely to ever make it to the blog.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods? SWEET! I hate salt. I dated a guy once that would load up everything I cooked him with salt and pepper. During one really hormonal (on my end) meal, I barked at him asking why my food wasn't good enough. I let him know that I never had to cook for him again if he didn't like what I fixed. Completely caught off-guard (and probably completely terrified), he said that he loved my cooking. I then waved the salt shaker in his face and asked why he felt it necessary to use so much of this. He proceeded to laugh until he cried. Apparently, he loved salt. He claimed he would "put salt in his toothpaste if it were allowed." He knew I hated it and while my food had good flavor, he also knew it wasn't proper etiquette to simply spoon salt from the shaker at the dinner table. Food was just a gateway.
18. What items are in your purse right now?  I currently do not use a purse. I will just grab my card, ID, or some cash whenever I need something. My car is kind of my purse. Anything I could possibly need I'm sure I could find in there.
19. One week, anywhere in the world, all expenses paid – where do you go? Wow. Anywhere? Beirut would definitely make the list -- but I would want to take someone I love with me to show them the incredible place that stole my heart. I've always wanted to see Spain. Or go to an orphange in Uganda. Or Australia, but I would totally need a first class plane ticket to survive that flight.

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
That I "shouldn't"? Well, I watch "Sister Wives" and I definitely do not condone that lifestyle, but I am fascinated by it. I also used to watch "The Girls Next Door" -- it was a show about Hugh Hefner's (the Playboy founder) girlfriends that lived in the mansion. No, there was nothing illicit shown (and anythingconceived that way was tastefully bleeped out). Again, I was completely fascinated by it. It would never be a lifestyle that I would have and to see people living it...it was like a social experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment