Sunday, October 21, 2012

BYOP

I was on Twitter earlier this week and saw that my high school best friend, Mandy, was planning on carving pumpkins that evening. She soon texted me asking for advice on how to properly carve a pumpkin, thinking that I know all things crafty, since I am, as she said, the "craft queen." After talking through tools or whatnot, I asked if she could hold on twenty-four hours after her planned time so that I could join her, along with our other high school best friend, Kasey. She said she would love to, and we all sat on pins and needles for the next twenty-four hours until we could meet up and dig in (to the pumpkins, that is).

The next morning, I realized that I had no pumpkins. In order to carve a pumpkin, one must possess a fresh, ripe, round, orange pumpkin. I didn't even have a fake pumpkin in my house, much less one that fit those adjectives. Thanks to Facebook, I was told that the Lowe's Foods in the next town over had a stash of ginormous carving pumpkins. After school, I headed that way and picked out a pumpkin for me and one for Kasey as well -- Mandy was bringing her own already-acquired pumpkin and Kasey was making me dinner in exchange for me picking up a pumpkin for her.

We arrived to my Cute Little House on Tuesday evening, set out newspaper on my front porch, grabbed some kitchen knives, spoons, and a large bowl for the guts, and went to work.



We laughed and talked about our jobs and boys and graduate school possibilities. We sat on my front porch of my cute little house and I was so thankful to have such sweet friends.


Before long, we had ourselves some might fine pumpkins!






Now, you may notice in the above picture (how you like that Block S? GO WOLFPACK!) that the candle inside of my jack-o-lantern is a bit small. I had forgotten to swing by the Wal-Mart and pick up some tea candles so that we could get some decent pictures with our newly-made pumpkins. I did, however, have a nice stash of birthday candles from different celebrations.

Since they were party hats, we decided it was a celebration of autumn and all the glorious things that come with it!



HAPPY FALL,Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment