Friday, November 9, 2012

What are you doing?

"Wait...what? So, what are you doing?"

This question keeps popping up in my life. Consequently I have decided to answer it globally.

What I Am Doing.
I am...
...substituting during the day to pay the bills.
...nannying in the afternoons to put money in the bank.
...spending way too much time on Pinterest.
...spending a lot of time talking to Jesus.
...eating vegetables and healthy foods.
...decompressing after a really hard first year of teaching.
...working through some battle scars that have been left behind after the past few years.
...trying to get my health back in balance after a long year of stress, stress-eating, and not sleeping.
...sleeping more than four hours a night.
...reading books for pleasure (and writing about them in my "Reader's Report" section of the blog).
...casually dating (no one special, just enjoying new adventures with new friends).
...writing books. I'm actually getting serious about a couple of projects and it's fun.
...cheering on my Wolfpack through the thick and thin.
...passing time outside and in the sunshine.
...looking into grad school programs!
...overly involved at my church (kids' choir, the Christmas pageant, drama team, small group).
...cooking lots of fun recipes.
...Instagram-ing every single photo I seem to take.
...spending fun times with my kiddos while I sub for their current teachers!
...gaining back my social life.
...decorating my Cute Little House.
...spending way too much time doing Pinterest projects.
...learning more and more how to coupon and save money!
...exploring downtown Raleigh.
...missing pouring daily into my kids, but trusting that the Lord loves them more than I do.
...being thankful for all of the blessings that I took for granted last year while I was completely consumed by my job.

What I Am NOT Doing.
I am not...
...teaching full-time.
...grading papers.
...filling out paperwork.
...sitting in meetings.
...reading books in which I have no interest.
...losing my hair.
...eating fast food.
...crying myself to sleep.
...feeling worthless.
...being emotionally abused.
...giving more than I am receiving (in the unhealthy way).
...breaking out in rashes caused by large amounts of stress and unhealthy eating.
...taking for granted that I only have this one life and filling it with inconsequential things.

This year was not one that I had anticipated or expected, but one that I am growing more and more thankful for. I am growing and learning and deepening relationships. I am seeing my family on a daily basis and figuring out what really is important in this life. I am happy.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
...a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
...a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for peace and a time for war.

...He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment