Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gorman Wedding Weekend!

This past Friday, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to shower, finish packing, and hit the road to Lexington, Kentucky to see my sweet CBSP sister, Julia, marry the love of her life, David.

I've gotten a few inquiries as to what "CBSP" means. It stands for Clearwater Beach Summer Project, which was a wonderful mission trip that I was blessed to partake in during the summer of 2008. In the circles of people that know what this means, it is often shortened to "Project" and that is where I get my "Project families" or in this case, "Project sister."


When I first arrived to Kentucky, I stopped at in Richmond, where I would be staying with my CBSP family for the weekend after Julia got hitched. We lounged around in the afternoon and then headed up to Lexington to see Miss becomes Mrs!




I may have had balcony seats...but my new camera has a lovely zoom...see?



After the "I Dos" were said and and we sent the bride and groom off in a shower of bubbles, the party moved to The Carrick House for the reception. We danced the night away and had a good, good night!





The newest member of the CBSP family!


CBSP represent!


Mrs. Gorman! Finally!


We all crashed after the reception. However, it seemed as though the sun was sitting just outside of the house and after an ungodly 7:30am wake-up call, we made pancakes and then headed to the pool to beat the heat.





After some of us got absolutely fried, we headed out for some Mexican food (note: the first restaurant that a group of CBSPers went to in Clearwater was a Mexican restaurant) and then went to a local bowling alley.



My sweet roomie from Clearwater, Kim. You can see the post that her sweet Facebook post inspired me to write.



CBSP believes in giving nicknames to one another. We each have at least three. I'm Reba, Bekah, Bekah Boo, Bex, and Mom. I understand it, it's just one of thsoe things that we do.




Again, we crashed with no excuses afterwards and had another ungodly wake-up time again. Stupid sun. However, the sun was in contrast with our mood as we all bid farewell to one another once again. In the perfect world, my CBSP family would live together and all my children would be able to call them "Aunt" and "Uncle" and all would be right in the world. However, this is reality and we live eight hours away and I miss them every day of my life.

But, my suitcases were packed and my gas tank was wishing to be filled. I had one more stop to make in Lexington before I headed back to Wendell.

My Uncle Walt, Aunt Ann, and their generations of offspring live in the surrounding areas of Lexington and I decided to give them a call and see if we could meet up for a mini-family reunion. We ended up having lunch and it was a hoot-and-a-half! They were telling stories on my dad and his siblings and even my grandpa and his brothers (Uncle Walt is my father's father's brother). 

My third cousin, Reagan, was also there and there is only one word that can sum up Reagan: firecracker. Wow! She's only seven and she walked right up to me and said "Hi! I'm Reagan and you're Rebekah. We've never met but I'm your cousin and I'm going to hug you now."
And hug me she did. She then told me about her soccer games and her favorite color is pink and anything that sparkles and how she likes math and science but not English and how she wants to go to UK when she grows up, but she doesn't look good in blue so maybe that isn't the best decision.
Yeah. Firecracker.


It was the perfect ending to a fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment