Wednesday, August 18, 2010

world of syllabi.

My mom tells me often that she looks forward to my phone call at the end of the first day of every semester. It's the day where I get all of my syllabi for the semester. The minute I have one in my hand, I read over all of the assignments, and throughout the day I get more and more stressed out after seeing the number of things that these people wish me to accomplish during the course of a semester. Many, MANY four letter words rush through my brain during the first few days. Apparently my stress is her entertainment.

This was no different. I only have two actual classes this semester since I am student teaching, however, each class is two and half hours long. That's a ton of work that has the potential to be assigned in a day. Like today for instance, three papers were assigned in my first class, and then a presentation was assigned in my second. All of these things must be accomplished by Friday. Oh joy.

I could sit here and complain about this day for a while, but I'm going to stop now.

Here's some good things about today:
1. I parked in the Coliseum Parking Deck for the very first time with my legit parking pass. I felt so grown up.
2. Both of my classes are all girl. It's rather fabulous. The only men I see are my four professors (two professors per class).
3. There's only 21 of us in my classes. It's the same 21 that will be graduating together.
4. I did some serious coupon clipping today. Coupon clipping makes me happy.
5. I had a great discussion about Lebanon with one of my professors. I ran into him at the bookstore and I was speaking Arabic on the telephone and for some reason he was curious why this white, blonde haired, green eyed girl is speaking Arabic.
6. I got a babysitting gig with the Hetzell's for Friday night. These kids are my favorite 5-year-old and 2-year-old in the entire. world.


Just a small update for a crazy day. I'm sure this is going to get more and more interesting as the student teaching experience goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun student teaching!! I can't believe you'll be graduating soon - let's just pretend you got older, but I stayed the same age, ok?

    ReplyDelete