Sunday, August 22, 2010

a real live adult.

that's how i've felt recently.

i ran out to the harris teeter the other night and while i was on my blackberry doing business, i shopped around and saved $28.50 on my entire grocery bill. i saw a few friends around there, and we were all education majors and we had fun with our coupons and different in-class stories.

thursday was also known as crazyday. i had class all day and as soon as that was done, i ran home and threw on a pretty little sundress so i could go to the open house. i met 40 students and their parents and even some siblings. it went so great! i love these kids! most were either incredibly excited or scared out of their poor little minds. and my teacher is GREAT! take me and make me a yankee and you have my cooperating teacher. she's enthusiastic and creative and has a ton of energy. near 'bout curses like a sailor, but it's all in good fun. they all called me Miss Sanderson and it freaked me out.

after the open house, i rushed back to get to crusade's first meeting on time. the pastor at vintage 21 church spoke and did an excellent job. however, it was kind of weird. i didn't know the majority of the people in the room, and it's been about three years since that's happened. nataleigh timberlake had fun telling me that it was "our last first crusade meeting ever." that might not be true for me since i want to join staff, but it's definitely true as a student. i don't know if it was a post-lebanon thing, or if it was a "i'm a senior" thing, but it was so weird. it bothered me that we were all together...and not fellowshipping with not-yet believers. i'm interested to see how this year is going to pan out with these thoughts in mind.

friday was...interesting. it was a full day of turning in papers and giving presentations. about 8 of us went out to lunch during our 2 hour break. we went over our presentations for that day and we talked about the joys and horrors about our individuals cooperating teachers. i'm loving spending the entire day with the same twenty girls. we know each other very well and we have a lot of laughs together. it's great to have a solid group walk you through this...interesting semester in my life. after my classes, i shot home and threw some laundry in the washer and then went across the street to spend some time with two of my favorite kiddos, Mason and Carson Hetzell. after babysitting, i went back to Raleigh and my Allison Tart spent the night.

we slept til noon on saturday and then got ready and went to the "I'm Having Crusade Summer Project Withdrawal DINNER!" i heard some stories about what the Lord did across the universe this summer and then went back to wendell to babysit some cousins of mine, edward and analee apple. so. stinkin. cute. analee painted my nails and edward and i took turns chasing each other around the house. we then ate lots of cookies n cream ice cream and watched 'Annie' until we all fell asleep in the sleeping bags in the playroom.

i started off the long weekend as an adult being called Miss Sanderson...and i ended it covered in pink nail polish who slept in a cinderlla sleeping bag. welcome to the life of an over involved twenty one year old :)

1 comment: