Saturday, August 13, 2011

Zack Put a Ring on It!

I worked at my home church's Vacation Bible School a few weeks ago. While I was at supper just beforehand, I received a number of text messages and a voicemail from my friend Zack.

"What are your plans Sunday 4-7? I'm planning a surprise for Nat."

"I am so wide open! How can I help?? This is exciting I love surprises!!!"

I knew immediately what was happening.

Zack and Nataleigh have been dating for years. Pretty much since we all became friends. We met through college and Campus Crusade for Christ and because of similar personalities, opinions, mutual friends, it wasn't long before I was calling them two of my best friends.

I knew that Zack and Nataleigh were planning on getting married. I knew that it was going to happen sooner or later. But to know, or at this moment think, that it was finally going to happen, I was giddy with excitment.

I called my sister. I called my mother. I started doing a little happy dance at church and told two of my next door neighbors and the woman that I was working with during VBS.

I called Zack to get some more details about what was going on. Turns out, when I finally got him on the phone, he was actually with Nataleigh and we had to play a series of 20 questions for me to get all of the information out of him.

They were heading to the beach for the weekend with some other friends and Zack was planning on getting down on one knee on Saturday night. Zack was trying to plan a surprise party for Nataleigh for when they got back from the beach on Sunday so that she could show off her ring to her best friends.

This was Thursday. Now all I had to do was wait for a confirmation text from a very excited Nataleigh that it had happened.

It took everything in me to not text Nataleigh that weekend just to "see what she was up to".

Then finally, finally, I got a text from her reading, "I SAID YES!" with a cute picture of her and Zack displaying a beautiful diamond ring on a very important finger.


The squealing and the jumping and a few tears showed up while I was at my house. Now all I had to do was wait 24 hours until I could see her and the ring and Zack and jump up and down with her.

The next day I drove through a monsoon to get to Nataleigh's hometown to her best friend Shannon's house for the party. But seeing Zack and Nataleigh was completely worth it!

Like I said, this was a surprise party. Nataleigh thought that she was coming to Shannon's house so that she could see Shannon and her other best friend Jamie. She had no idea what was just beyond the door.

Hugging and celebrating with friends!!!



All of the girls there to celebrate with Nataleigh and Zack.

The boys.

The very happy couple!!!

The ring!
Nataleigh told us that although she and Zack had been talking marriage for a bit, he never asked about a ring.
For having no advice or guidance, he got her exactly what she wanted!
I guess they really are meant for each other :)

I was cheesing the whole time I was at the party. I couldn't stop giggling! I was just so excited!




My favorite couple!

I cannot explain how excited I am for you two, or explain how much I love you!
I cannot wait to watch the rest of this pre-wedding journey unfold and be there for you both on your big day!

1 comment:

  1. You're seriously too sweet!! I'm honored to be on your blog and thank you for making our engagement so special :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete